SMDC Development Platform
Small molecule-drug conjugates (SMDC) have shown great potential as a new class of targeted drugs for the therapy of rare diseases. Our company is driven by research and innovation and focuses on small molecule drug discovery services for rare diseases. We have launched a new SMDC one-stop platform to provide you with more professional services.
Introduction to SMDC
Small molecule-drug conjugates (SMDC) are a class of therapeutic drugs that combine small molecule drugs with targeting moieties or ligands. As a targeted therapy, SMDC has relatively few adverse reactions. SMDCs are usually constructed from three modules: a targeting ligand, a linker, and a drug payload.
Advantages of SMDC
SMDC is a rug conjugation strategy very similar to ADC. Compared to ADC, SMDC has its advantages:
- SMDC drugs are composed of small molecules, the synthesis process and cost are easy to control, and the industrial operation is simple.
- SMDC theoretically will not be immunogenic, and safety control is easier to implement.
- The lower molecular weight of SMDC enables better cell permeability and better in vitro and in vivo stability in solid tumors.
SMDC for Rare Diseases
Drug conjugation is a commonly used strategy in drug discovery and rare disease therapies. SMDC plays an important role in the treatment of rare diseases due to its unique advantages such as low cost and simple operation. Currently, some SMDC targets have been used in the research of rare diseases：
Folate receptor (FR) for malignant mesothelioma
Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) for prostate cancer
Somatostatin receptor (SSTR) for conn's syndrome
Targeting Ligand Screening
Our company can accelerate the screening of targeting ligands by taking into account factors such as binding affinity, target selectivity and conjugate size.
- The rich experience accumulated in successful cases of new drug development
- Timely project reporting and after-sales service
- Cost effective compared to other companies
- High-quality one-stop service
Linker Design and Synthesis
Our company has the capabilities and resources to provide expert communication and problem-solving support to design linkers to optimize drug release, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties, and the function of the targeting ligand or payload.
Targeting Ligand Screening
Our company employs talented scientists who are able to provide customers with small molecule payload development services considering factors such as toxicity, release efficiency, multi-drug interactions and binding affinity.
With a research team with extensive expertise in small molecule drug development as well as an advanced SMDC development platform, our company is confident to provide customers with professional services for rare diseases. We customize personalized solutions and analysis processes according to your different scientific research needs. If you are interested in our platform, please contact us for more details.
- Zhuang C., et al. "Small molecule-drug conjugates: A novel strategy for cancer-targeted treatment." European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 163 (2019): 883-895.
For Research Use Only.