Irritation evaluation can provide insight into the potential local toxicity of a drug. Our company employs talented and highly trained scientists and has the experience and resources to provide professional irritation evaluation services for rare disease therapy research and development. We use a wide range of technology platforms to provide a one-stop shop according to your specific needs.
Overview of Irritation
Irritation refers to the reversible inflammatory response to the administration site after administration of parenteral preparations. It is mainly used to determine whether a substance or chemical substance will cause local irritation in the skin, mucous membrane, or eye tissue to determine the local toxicity of the preparation, provide a reference for selecting a reasonable administration method, and facilitate the adoption of appropriate measures to reduce or eliminate irritation.
Methods of Irritation Evaluation
Intramuscular injection of rabbits and intraperitoneal injection of mice are often used for irritation evaluation of injections. The method of irritation evaluation generally includes conducting a local irritation test on the drug site and then using observation and tissue biopsy to test the irritation and observe the development and recovery of inflammation. For example, conduct local irritation and toxicity tests on the respiratory tract (including lungs), observe the irritation effects on the conjunctiva and eyeballs, and conduct toxicity tests and skin sensitization tests on intact and damaged skin.
The reliability of extrapolation of the results of irritation evaluation from animals to humans is limited. If similar results are obtained through experiments on multiple strains of animals, the reliability of extrapolation from animals to humans will be increased. Our company has a multi-species animal platform to meet your needs.
- Design of Irritation Evaluation
- Administration Route: design with reference to clinical medication routes.
- Control Group: use the vehicle and/or excipient as a negative control, or use a marketed preparation as a control.
- Dosage Selection: design several experiments with different dosages or frequency of administration.
- Administration cycle: Generally, the maximum administration cycle is designed to be no more than 4 weeks.
- Observation: routine observation and histopathological examination.
- Statistical Analysis: choose appropriate statistical methods based on the experimental model and test methods.
- Content of Allergy Evaluation
Our company provides irritation evaluation services including but not limited to:
- Blood vessel stimulation
- Eye irritation/corrosion
- Vaginal mucosal irritation
- Skin irritation
- Ear irritation
- Mucosa irritation
- Rectal irritation
- Nasal drops and inhalant irritation
Why Choose Us?
- High-quality products and services
- Cost-effective compared to other companies
- Innovative and flexible solutions
- Automation-friendly workflow
- Access to a diverse pool of talent
With extensive experience in rare disease therapy research and development, our company provides customers with a cost-effective and convenient solution. Our irritation evaluation service is a simplified workflow by a group of specially trained and professional scientists. We are pleased to use our advanced platform to offer the best service and the most qualified products to satisfy each demand from our customers. If you are interested in our services, please feel free to contact us for more information.
- Lulekal, E., et al. "Phytochemical analysis and evaluation of skin irritation, acute and sub-acute toxicity of Cymbopogon citratus essential oil in mice and rabbits." Toxicology reports 6 (2019): 1289-1294.
All of our services and products are intended for preclinical research use only and cannot be used to diagnose, treat or manage patients.