Protein Detection Service
Understanding the composition, structure, and function of proteins is critical to ensuring the quality and effectiveness of drugs for disease. Our company provides a variety of protein detection services to help you gain insight into the protein composition, structure, and function of biological drugs. We can give you key services in drug development and optimization of treatment options for rare diseases.
Introduction to Protein Detection
In the process of drug development of rare disease proteins, the detection of protein composition, structure, and interaction is the basis of research. Commonly used protein detection methods can be divided into immunoassay and mass spectrometry. Immunoassays use specific binding between antibodies and specific proteins. Common examples include ELISA and Western blot, which are used to detect the presence of the target protein. Mass spectrometry is used to determine the amount of protein in a sample by measuring the mass and relative abundance of protein molecules. It is often used to detect post-translational modified proteins, interacting proteins, and complex proteins.
Fig.1 Overview of mass spectrometry (Neagu, Anca-Narcisa, et al. 2022)
Application of Protein Detection in Rare Diseases
- Early diagnosis of rare diseases
Through protein detection technology, the abnormal expression of specific proteins in organisms reflect the existence and development of tumors, rare heart diseases, and rare diseases of the nervous system.
- Accurate diagnosis of rare diseases
Protein detection technology obtains comprehensive and accurate protein information in organisms, analyze the presence and expression level of all proteins in organisms, and thus help doctors make more accurate diagnoses.
- Targeted therapy for rare diseases
Protein detection technology provides technical support for targeted treatment of rare diseases by studying protein differences, and personalized and targeted treatment of diseases.
Protein detection services can help researchers understand how a drug binds to a particular protein and thus better understand how a drug produces a certain effect. With years of experience, our company offers a comprehensive range of protein detection services, including but not limited to:
- Medium-sized target proteins as low as 1 to 5ng can be detected
- Identify the expression of the target protein
- Mature technology and reliable results
- Detect the quantitative and qualitative expression of peptides, antibodies, and hormones
- Mature technology and low-cost
- High specificity
IP and Co-IP
- Study the rational interaction of two proteins in cell endogenesis
- Identify a new partner for a particular protein
- Study the interaction between two proteins
- Verify the binding of the two proteins in vitro
- Simple method and operation easy
- Identification of protein modification sites
- Identification of protein after dye
- Identification of unknown proteins in complex samples
- Protein DeNovo sequencing
- Protein N-terminal sequencing
Our company has the capabilities and resources to provide professional communication and problem-solving support to ensure that we can quickly respond to the changing needs of your rare disease therapy research projects. If you are interested in our services, please feel free to contact us for more details and quotation information of related services.
- Neagu, Anca-Narcisa, et al. "Applications of tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) in protein analysis for biomedical research." Molecules 27.8 (2022): 2411.
All of our services and products are intended for preclinical research use only and cannot be used to diagnose, treat or manage patients.